Preparation – Formulate lessons and teaching strategies in advance. Think about having to prepare for the month, the week, and the day. Preparation is the key to success. A strategy- https://www.edutopia.org/blog/7-step-prep-weekly-plan-maia-heyck
Motivation – Not only must motivation be sought out, but motivation also has to be given out. Motivate yourself and your students. Motivate them to meet your high expectations. Strategies and research- https://www.edutopia.org/blog/classroom-self-persuasion-david-palank
Gratitude – Be thankful. The research on the benefits of gratefulness are abundant. Some research- https://www.edutopia.org/blog/gratitude-powerful-tool-for-classroom-owen-griffith
How does this translate into the classroom?
- Complete and submit thorough lesson plans.
- Greet and welcome students into your classroom.
- Follow with consistency your classroom management plan.
- Demand academic excellence during lessons.
- Demonstrate with-it-ness. Constantly walk around and monitor your classroom. *The only time you should be sitting during a class is if you are sitting next to a student or group wherein you are providing them with scaffolds.
- End each class (and the day) positively.
Teach your heart out !